C O N S T I T U T I O N
of the „PTA – Parent-Teacher Association of EISB“
founded pursuant to the Act No. 83/1990 Coll. on association of citizens as amended
Our Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is since the very beginning – May 2012, a very successful and active organisation that offers many opportunities to parents who wish to get involved in school life at EISB. It is a fun and rewarding way to make friends, settle in to your new community, and play an active role in your children’s learning experience.
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) would like to welcome you to EISB. With more than 15 nationalities represented, our school community offers a rich, multicultural environment for students and their families.
We encourage all parents, and especially new families to become involved in the school community through PTA.
- Name of the Association: PTA – Parent-Teacher Association of EISB, civic association.
- Official abbreviation of the association is: PTA – Parent-Teacher Association of EISB.
- Registered seat: Kalinčiakova 12, 831 04 Bratislava, municipal part Nové Mesto.
- Purpose: support of upbringing and education and support and development of physical culture at the English International School of Bratislava, Kalinčiakova 12, 831 04 Bratislava (hereinafter referred to as the ”EISB“).
- PTA – Parent Association of EISB (hereinafter referred to as the ”Association“) is a voluntary civic association of parents of pupils, pedagogical and non-pedagogical employees and friends of the EISB that, within its purpose, develop activities supporting educational process at the EISB with a specific emphasis on modern education, upbringing, development of sport activities and security of pupils of the EISB.
- The Association is a legal entity that is represented and acts by its statutory body.
Activity of the Association
2.1 Within the purpose based on which it has been founded, the Association performs namely the following activities:
- cooperates with the principal-ship of the school and pedagogical staff and appropriate bodies of state administration,
- cooperates at upbringing and education of pupils based on the principles of humanism, scientism, and democracy within the international environment of the EISB, protects and asserts educational interest of pupils,
- cooperates at achievement of healthier lifestyle of pupils as well as employees of the school, supports their sound physical and psychical development within class schooling as well as sport and other kinetic activities of pupils,
- cooperates at protection of pupils against the harmful effects, stress, excessive loading etc.,
- helps and supports the EISB at elaboration of development plans and their participation in various grant projects,
- cooperates at protection of children rights embedded in the Convention of the Rights of the Child UNESCO with the emphasis on respect of the personality of pupils, with a specific emphasis on prohibition of discrimination due to any reason and upbringing to mutual respect and tolerance of other nations and nationalities within multicultural space,
- cooperates at protection of rights of parents of pupils arising out of their responsibility for upbringing and education of children in the terms of the Family Act,
- cooperates at protection of employees of the school with the emphasis on respect of their ethical credit,
- cooperates at formation of convenient and secure terms for upbringing and education in the EISB with the support of material-technical equipment of the EISB and the emphasis on security, sound working environment, and modern technical background of EISB,
- assists at the maintenance and modernisation of the interior and exterior of the EISB,
- cooperates and submits motions at assurance of rational boarding of pupils of the EISB,
- assembles and interprets topics, comments and justified claims of parents related to upbringing and education of pupils in the EISB to liable employees of the EISB and cooperates at their solution,
- cooperates at development of interest and bee activities of pupils, cooperates with the principal-ship of the EISB at organisation of schools in nature, skiing, swimming, and skating trainings, tourist and other sport and cultural events.
Membership in the Association and rights and Duties of Members
3.1. Members of the Association are natural persons. The membership in the Association rises by payment of a membership fee for the given school year.
3.2. Evidence on the membership is a confirmation on payment for the given year – a receipt or bank statement.
3.3. Each member has one vote.
3.4. A member pays the membership fee for the given year in the amount determined by the Executive Committee.
3.5. A Member has the following rights:
- to participate on activities of the Association,
- to turn to bodies with proposals, topics, questions, suggestions and complaints
- to be informed about decisions of the bodies of the Association, management of the Association and activities of the Association,
- to submit suggestions for changes in the organisation of the Association,
- to insight into accounting documents of the Association,
- to elect and to be elected to bodies of the Association,
- to resign from the Association.
3.6. A member has the following duties:
- to adhere the Constitution of the Association,
- to fulfil resolutions of the Executive Committee and the General Meeting,
- to pay the membership fee annually in the amount and term determined by the Executive Committee,
- to help at fulfilment of the purposes of the Association and to actively participate on its activity,
- to help bodies of the Association according to own consciousness and extent of own possibilities and abilities,
- to protect and enhance the property of the Association.
3.7. The membership in the Association ends by:
- a termination of attendance of a pupil to the EISB,
- a resignation of a member from the Association by a delivery day of a written manifestation of will to resign from the Association to the Association`s address,
- an expulsion of a member from the Association by the General Meeting in the event if the member repeatedly, despite of a written admonition, violates duties of a member or based on other important reasons,
- a death of a member of the Association,
a dissolution of the Association.
Bodies of the Association
5.1. The General Meeting is the supreme body of the Association.
5.2. The General Meeting is formed by all members of the Association.
5.3. The General Meeting has a quorum if the members whose votes represent absolute majority
of all votes of the members of the Association shall participate on its session.
5.4. The General Meeting shall be called by the Executive Committee at least once a year. If the Executive Committee shall be asked at least by 10 members of the Association, the Executive Committee is obliged to call the General Meeting at the very latest within 30 days from the delivery of such a request.
5.5. The General Meeting decides by the majority of votes of the presented members of the Association.
5.6. Within the competence of the General Meeting belong:
- election and recall of the Executive Committee (chairman, vice chairman and members),
- approval of a report on activity of the Association including a report on management of the Association,
- adoption and modification of the Constitution of the Association,
- decision – making on expulsion of a member of the Association,
- decision – making on voluntary dissolution of the Association,
- decision – making on merger of the Association with another association,
- approval of the budget of the Association,
- appointment of a liquidator at cessation of the Association,
- decision – making on all matters that are normally decided by the Executive Committee in the event if the Executive Committee shall not reach a decision about some issue, eventually if the Executive Committee shall directly turn to the General Meeting with a motion for decision on a certain issue,
- decision – making on other issues reserved by the General Meeting.
5.7 If a decision of any body of the Association against which is impossible to file a legal remedy under the authority of the Constitution is considered by a member of the Association as lawless or contradictory to the Constitution of the Association, the member can, within 30 days from the moment he/she shall learn about it, but not later than 6 months from its issuance, ask a district court to examine it.
6.1. The Executive Committee is an executive body of the Association managing its activity between two sessions of the General Meeting.
6.2. The statutory body of the Association is a chairman of the Executive Committee and a vice chairman of the Executive Committee. The Chairman and the Vice chairman of the Executive Committee always act and sign on behalf of the Association together.
6.3. The Executive Committee has at least 5 members elected by the General Meeting for a period of three years. The Chairman, Vice chairman and members of the Executive Committee are elected from the members of the Association.
6.4. The Executive Committee has a quorum if at least three its members are presented and decides by an unanimous approval of the presented members of the Executive Committee. If the Executive Committee shall not reach the unanimous decision on a certain issue, it shall call the General Meeting that shall decide on this issue. The Executive Committee has the right to anytime ask the General Meeting to decide on a certain issue that otherwise belongs to the competence of the Executive Committee.
6.5. The Executive Committee normally hold a session once in three months, its session is called by the Chairman of the Executive Committee.
6.6. The Executive Committee decides on all matters of the Association that are not reserved as the competence of the General Meeting by this Constitution. Within the competence of the Executive Committee belong:
- preparation of the budget and statement of finances of the Association,
- management and provision of the activity of the Association between the sessions of the General Meeting,
- assurance of the accounting of the Association, submission of tax declarations, statements, and etc.,
- calling and preparation of the General Meeting sessions,
- enforcement of resolutions of the General Meeting,
- keeping the list of members of the Association,
- preparation of a draft budget,
- elaboration of the report on activity of the Association including the report on management of the Association,
- other activities based on a resolution of the General Meeting.
Management of the Association and Controller
Cessation of the Association
9.1. The Association ceases to exist by:
- a voluntary dissolution or merger with another association,
- a valid decision of the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic about its dissolution.
9.2. The General Meeting decides on cessation of the Association and at the same time it decides on cession of rights, duties and property of the Association.
9.3. In case of a voluntary dissolution of the Association, the General Meeting shall appoint a liquidator that shall perform its proprietary settlement.
9.4. At first, the Liquidator shall settle all obligations and claims and with the liquidation balance shall dispose of according to a decision of the supreme body. Cessation of the Association has to be notified to the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic within 15 days after the termination of liquidation. The provisions of Sections 70 – 75 of the Commercial Code shall apply at the liquidation of the Association accordingly.
10.1. This Constitution of the Association is binding on all the members of the Association.
10.2. Any modification or supplementation of this Constitution is possible only upon a decision of the General Meeting and each change has to be noticed to the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic.
10.3. The Association comes into existence by the registration by the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic.
10.4. The Constitution of the Association comes into legal force by a day of its registration at the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic.
For the children in EIS Bratislava – please, support our Parents’ Association – PTA – with 1% – 2% – 3% of your paid taxes for 2017
Parents and friends of EISB,
Just like last year, you can support our parents’ association – PTA by donating percentage of your paid taxes this year. We are asking for your support, which will be used entirely for the purposes of supporting our children at EIS Bratislava. We believe that all of you are very well aware of our activities in PTA by now. All of these activities were previously funded purely from individual voluntary donations and gifts, however with your support in a way of donating percentage of your paid tax, we can together make these activities for our children more frequently and at larger scale. A short summary of all activities, which have taken place as well as those planned in the future will be available for your review at our school’s website shortly.
Should you decide to support us, please follow the below listed guidelines:
A/ The required RECEPIENTS details for donating 1%, 2% or 3% of your paid taxes for 2017:
Name of the Civic Organisation: PTA – Rodičovské združenie EISB
Legal Form: občianske združenie (civic organisation)
Registered Seat: Kalinčiakova 12, 831 04 Bratislava-Nové Mesto
Company ID No. (IČO): 50075209
B/ If, you are an EMPLOYEE, who is not filing his tax returns on his/her own, you need to fill in 2 forms:
- DECLARATION ON THE GRANTING OF PERCENTAGE OF INCOME TAX FOR INDIVIDUALS
- CONFIRMATION OF INCOME TAX PAYMENT – issued by your employee (by 15.02.2018 ask your employer to process your tax returns and consequently request an issuance of this confirmation).
Both of these forms need to be delivered to the applicable tax authority no later than
C/ If you are individual or legal entity filling tax returns on his/her own, simply fill in the details on the RECIPIENT, listed above, into the relevant section on the tax return form.
D/ All applicable forms for employees as well as the guidelines for both employees and individuals filling tax returns themselves can be found in this letter’s attachment and/or on the following websites:
We truly appreciate your support. Thank you!
Chairman of VV PTA – EISB Parents‘ Association